Changes between versions
This is a summary, you can also see a complete one.
- Fixed the way miau reported the user who set channel topic.
- Fixed memory leak with channel keys.
- Fixed quicklog timestamps with unresolved IPv6 addresses and channels with colons.
- Fixed logging of user ACTIONs when DCC-bouncing is compiled in.
- Fixed handling of NICK command with servers running InspIRCD.
- Fixed various issues with privmsg_format.
- Fixed potential crash on reading configuration.
- Fixed potential memory leak in topic-handling.
- Fixed several unsafe va_list calls.
- Fixed quicklog-to-inbox conversion with unresolved IPv6 addreses.
- Fixed several issues with Undernet-like servers
- Added option privmsg_fmt.
- Wildcard * finally works as expected, although non-greedy.
- Should survive a netsplit and network problems better.
- Improved quiclog handling
- Fixed privlog ignore list
- Option to suppress IDENTIFY-* requests
- Fixed crash with qlog-to-inbox when inbox failed to open
- miau now assumes correct nick at connect. Fixes an issue when miau disconnects with primary nick, disconnects with something else, and then reconnects with correct one.
- Channels are now reintroduced before replaying quicklog
- Added configuration option for automatically replaying/not replaying quicklog at attach
- Added command to replay and flush quicklog
- Fixed jumping to certain server after rehash
- Fixed handling of failing to open logfiles
- Fixed client-PING reply
- Fixed quicklog with timestamps when flushqlog is set to false
- Fixed not replaying quicklog when not on any channel
- Fixed issue with channel flag 'O'
- Parted channels are no longer joined at attach if they have no qlog and flushqlog is set to FALSE
- miau again accepts commands when connection to the server is lost
- Reply to PART and JOIN when not connected to server
- Minor memory fixes
- Minor optimisations
- Minor tweaks
- Fixed qlogtimestamping
- Fixed bad configure-script
- Don't compile irc.c with DEBUG by default.
0.6.0 - "only 18446744073709551615 bugs remaining"
- Security review. Secured tons of sprintfs and strcats.
- Option autoaway to define when to set user away if ever
- Option chandiscon to define what to do with channels when server drops the connection
- Option not to redirect stdout into logfile
- miau should finally get along with safe channels
- "miau" no longer thinks it was kicked off a channel when "miau_" is kicked
- Changed ignore-list to be case insensitive
- Fixed logging of modeless channels
- Fixed quicklog timestamp duplication
- Whole bunch of other fixes
0.5.4 - "catnap"
- Channel keys defined in miaurc now have effect
- Workaround for Chatzilla
- Fixed channel mode change parser
- Fixed parser to handle CR-LF -linefeeds
- Fixed crash-prone strlen in match.c, potential double-free() in free_resources()
- Added miaurc-options "floodtimer" and "burstsize" for configuring flood-protection
- Fixed CTCP-replies
0.5.3 - "hairball"
- Automatically generated logfilenames in lower case.
- miau now leaves channels (when appropriate) when client times out.
- miau no longer freezes for a moment after connct times out.
- Fixed at start-up channel joining.
- Fixed bug that could cause miau to crash at connect.
- Installing miau local no longer overwrites miaurc.
0.5.2 - "fluffy little fellow"
- Implemented timestamping for quicklog events.
- Implemented channel log -like logging for private messages.
- Logging finally handles "/me" properly.
- Some changes in miaurc.
0.5.1 - "y2k-compatible"
- Quitting miau resulted in deadlock when logging was compiled in but not defined in miaurc. Fixed.
- miau no longer tries to join channels when not connected.
- A bunch of AWAY-status related bugs fixed.
0.5.0-mk2 - "Mark 2"
- Finally fully debianized
- Fixed --enable-local.
0.5.0 - "so it begins"
- Flood protection for both miau- and client-side.
- Enhanced auto-op to auto-mode. miau can also perform more than one mode change at a time.
- No more replaying empty quicklog.
- @@ in miaurc now translates as miau's public hostname.
- If miau drops from a server (due to netsplit or like), miau tries to connect the same server again. If server is still bad, miau tries the next server on the list.
- Received ERROR-message is finally used as part reason for clients.
- No longer unwanted messages about CTCP-replies.
- Lower CPU-usage when using quicklog.
- Fixed two bugs in parser.
0.4.7 - "another bug-free release ;-)"
- Fixed another bug in usequitmsg-feature. This bug wasn't all that serious when miau was compiled with gcc 3.3.1 instead of 2.95...
0.4.6 - "a long road ahead"
- Fixed a bug in "quit-reason to away-message".
- miau 0.4.5 counted quicklog's length in seconds instead of minutes. Fixed.
- Fixed a bug in reloading miaurc.
- miaurc no longer handler incorrect lines.
- New feature to send pre-defined message when miau connects to a server.
0.4.5 - "bug-o-matic"
- Client is now told the real reason of disconnect when server closes connection.
- Quit-reason can be used as away-message.
0.4.4 - "a new hope"
- No more "EOF from client" (and like) when killing miau - no more SIGPIPEs when server closes connection.
- ERRONEUSNICKNAME no longer causes miau to quit.
- User's away-message is now preserved when miau drops from the server.
- Queued auto-op-actions are now dropped when target user quits.
- Fixed an illegal memory access -bug in configuration-file parser.
- Fixed JUMP-command.
- Fixes in startup-phase.
0.4.3 - a"I screwed up again, right "
- Small fix in IRC-protocol handing.
0.4.2 - "let the hunt begin"
- Operator status is now reset when dropping from the server.
- getting_nick -counter is now reset when miau connectes the server.
- Fixed all-broken configuration file parser...
- NICKINUSE-messages are no longer written in quicklog.
- miau now allows multiple clients at once.
- Quicklog can now log everything.
- miau no longer takes commands while connecting a server - but instead, allows user to configure timeout for connect()
- User can now join and part channels while not connected to server.
- If miau is forced to leave from server, miau will now rejoin those channels. If a channel can not be joined right now, miau will try again later.
- miau now stores and traces changes of channel keys.
- miau should now know about its operator status when arriving on an empty channel.
- Completely rewritten configuration-file parser.
- When connection to the server is lost, channels are left to keep client happy.
- Changed behaviour of permission-lists to ruleset.
- Rewriting configuration file fixed an altnick-issue when changing a server.
- Fixed a legacy bug related to client's receive buffer.
- Logging can be defined to happen only when attached/detached.
- miau no longer uses POSIX-threads. Today we prefer signals. :-)
- Mode-changes are now processed properly.
- Fixed "empty join" -bug. Oops.
- miau now uses POSIX-threads - full control to miau even while connecting to the server. A big change.
- Server-list is now flushed at rehash
- miau should survive better even if pings to server are lost
- miau no longer auto-ops people with operator-status
- Fixed a bug in server-handling code
- Wrote an extremly dirty hack to make miau compile on Digital-UNIX
- Fixed some memory issues inherited from muh
- Sensible pseudo-random nicks
- New feature: quicklog
- New feature: auto-op
- New option: setaway
- Cats in banner :)
- Prior to version 0.1 miau was nothing but a custom version of muh with a few customized and a couple new features (mentioned in ChangeLog of miau 0.1).